KB011 - Can't create booklet publication in Word
An exported Microsoft Word document displays in standard format even though the booklet option was selected in Living Cookbook.
Sometimes Microsoft Word ignores a directive from Living Cookbook during publishing.
- Run Living Cookbook 2008.
- Select your cookbook in the navigator treeview (on the left).
- On the File menu, point to Publish and select Publication Options.
- Under "Publishing -> Cookbook -> Recipe" select "Print (cont'd)".
- Under "Collation mode" (on the right) select Standard.
- Under "Publishing -> Cookbook -> Recipe" select "Print".
- Under "Paper" (on the right) select "US Letter" as the paper size.
- Under "Printable regions" select "Entire page".
- Under "Orientation" select Portrait.
- Click OK.
- With your cookbook still selected, on the File menu, point to Publish and select Publish to Microsoft Word.
- Open the publication in Microsoft Word 2007.
- Click the Page Layout tab (ribbon).
- Click the Margin dropdown and select Custom Margins.
- Under Pages, select "Book fold" from the "Multiple pages" list.
- Click OK.
This issue was resolved in Living Cookbook 2011.
Article ID: 11
First Published: 2/23/2010
Last Revision: 11/4/2010