KB013 - The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
The following error message appears when you attempt to send an e-mail from within Living Cookbook 2008 using the SMTP mail protocol: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address."
There is a known defect in Living Cookbook's SMTP mail module that prevents it from checking the validity of some e-mail addresses. Living Cookbook should have displayed a validation error when you attempted to enter the reply to address in your SMTP mail settings.
Please try the following:
- Run Living Cookbook 2008.
- On the Tools menu, select Options.
- Under General, select E-Mail.
- Under "Mail protocol", select "SMTP".
- Enter a valid e-mail address in the "Reply to" box.
- Click OK.
- Try sending your e-mail again.
Article ID: 13
First Published: 2/24/2010