Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
 Radium Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 Radium Forums > Living Cookbook > Presales Questions > Wonderful program!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
dko
New User

Wonderful program!

I'm sold!!! Living Cookbook is a wonderful program. I have tried four other recipe programs, including Mastercook, and have been disappointed with all. They were too complicated, illogical, and/or too restrictive. LC is easy to use from the get-go; I was able to sit down and start entering and importing recipes. Repeating steps is easy since the program is logical - the steps make sense. I can choose how simple or elaborate I want for formatting - I may also choose how the recipe looks when I print. I may even choose to print more than one recipe per page without overlapping pages! The online support is wonderful; the developer himself answers the questions (as opposed to a panel of technicians using trial-and-error to try to "fix" the problem). The forum is very informative also. The help menus are clear and complete. Today I ran into a snag trying to export my cookbook to Word using the Classic (US Letter) template. I'm so excited! With the clear error dialog box, and the very clear help directions, I was able to take care of the problem myself! LC certainly stands well above it's competitors in my opinion, and with a tiny bit of polishing, I can see it suiting the needs of practically all users. LC suits my needs!

Last edited by dko on 01-20-2003 at 06:43 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-20-2003 06:40 PM
dko is offline Find more posts by dko Edit/Delete Message
Lee Grainger
Living Cookbook Developer

Thanks!! I will get busy polishing.

Enjoy!

Lee

01-20-2003 07:46 PM
Lee Grainger is offline Visit Lee Grainger's homepage! Find more posts by Lee Grainger Edit/Delete Message
texas2222
New User

Ditto- Great Program!!!!!

I have never, ever been so enamored with a computer program. I look forward to grocery shopping. I am clipping coupons and cooking at home for a change. I love this program so much. I tell all my friends about it and well I wish everyone could have the LC in their kitchens. AND thanks for saving all of my Nannie's recipes from being lost. I have entered them and will be able to print them out for my children and for my other relatives. This way many people can enjoy her pecan pie, mayhaw jelly, and lot's of other great stuff. No one can cook like my Nannie can! At least now we can be attempting to recreate her magnificent recipes!

03-08-2003 09:29 PM
texas2222 is offline Find more posts by texas2222 Edit/Delete Message
Ei Cook
New User

I am really excited to have found this program. I've been a MasterCook user for years, but stumbled upon a reference to Living Cook Book while surfing around on the Cooks Illustrated Forum. What a find! I downloaded the trial version this morning, and am extremely impressed! I'm going to be gone over the weekend, but can hardly wait to get back and really get started.

I also love this forum. There is a lot a value to be had in the intuitive exchange of ideas and experiences. I hope to participate often.

08-08-2003 05:15 PM
Ei Cook is offline Find more posts by Ei Cook Edit/Delete Message
Mindysmom
User

I'm really excited about this program too! I asked on a couple of mom lists I'm on if anyone could recommend similar software (as I started my search) and no one did. But several asked for my recommendation after I found something. This will be it!! I'm just thinking I might recommend them waiting until v 1.4 comes out so they don't have to worry about the few bugs (the template comes to mind) being worked out and also migrating files...
Yay!

08-29-2003 09:34 AM
Mindysmom is offline Find more posts by Mindysmom Edit/Delete Message
Traci Rupp
Living Cookbook Product Manager

Thanks, Mindy's Mom! We couldn't ask for better testimonials than users who are willing to recommend us to others!

By the way, I assume the pic you've attached to your posts is Mindy....she's very cute!

-Traci

08-31-2003 06:38 AM
Traci Rupp is offline Visit Traci Rupp's homepage! Find more posts by Traci Rupp Edit/Delete Message
Mindysmom
User

Yes, that's her! She's SO sweet... a little over a year and a half now, and she'll be getting a sibling about a month after her birthday...

09-01-2003 12:26 AM
Mindysmom is offline Find more posts by Mindysmom Edit/Delete Message
Traci Rupp
Living Cookbook Product Manager

WOW! You're going to be a busy lady! Congratulations!!!

-Traci

09-01-2003 02:49 AM
Traci Rupp is offline Visit Traci Rupp's homepage! Find more posts by Traci Rupp Edit/Delete Message