Registered: Jan 2003
Re: Diet Software
quote: Lee, I am an enthusiastic fan of the Living Cookbook and eagerly await the release of your diet software. Would you consider a Windows/PDA version? I currently use a diet software from HealthETech, called Balance Log and it has helped me lose weight. Being able to carry the info with me in my PDA helps when I'm away from the desktop. A diet control program that would allow me to import my Living Cookbook recipe nutritional information in addition to the common ingredients would be the perfect software for me.
Originally posted by Lee Grainger
We have received many requests to create diet software with the same user interface and nutrition capabilities as Living Cookbook. Interest in this product was so overwhelming that we have decided to make it our next product. Most of the framework for the software has already been finished, but we would really like to learn more about what users would like to see this application do (or not do).
This software will not favor a particular type of diet. It will be an information management tool for dieters. It will help users track nutrition, recipes, meal planning, exercise and weight. In other words it will be just as easy for a low-carb dieter to track carbohydrates as it will be for a low-fat dieter to track the various types of fat.
The tentative features are:
- Create multiple personal profiles (e.g. one for you, one for your spouse, etc.) each with its own meal planning calendar, weight target, progress reports, nutrition reports, etc.
- Flexible and customizable reporting engine that will let you create summary reports, graphs, and bar charts to help you visualize your progress. You will be able to choose from a variety of built-in reports or create your own.
- Create, edit, import, export, organize and print recipes, menus and meal plans.
- Perform nutrition analysis for any meal, day, week, month (or other time period), recipe or menu.
- Calculate (or estimate) the number of calories burned by performing various physical activities.
- Enter weight goals, enter (and chart) daily weights, and calculate estimated weight loss over time (using nutrition and calorie expenditure data from recent days).
- Ingredient database. Over 6000 common ingredients with complete nutrition data.
- Cookbooks with low fat, low carb, and other diet recipes.
This application does not have a name yet. It's tentative release date is first quarter 2003.
We welcome your feedback.
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged